- This event has passed.
Intro to Python
April 18 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This is a four-session workshop with sessions on:
- Tuesday, April 18 2:00pm – 4:00pm
- Thursday, April 20 2:00pm – 4:00pm
- Tuesday, April 25 2:00pm – 4:00pm
- Thursday, April 27 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Python is a powerful open source programming language. This four-session workshop over two weeks is designed for complete beginners to Python who want to get up and running analyzing data. Participants will learn how to:
- Create basic Python programs, scripts, and functions.
- Manage a Python environment.
- Manipulate data and objects using Python and Pandas.
- Visualize data in Python using Matplotlib and Seaborn.
Participants will also be introduced to popular packages for machine learning and bioinformatics analyses in Python, and pointed towards resources to continue their learning.