- This event has passed.
Bulk RNA-seq with R/Bioconductor
April 14 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This single-session workshop will provide biologists with practical statistical analysis skills to perform rigorous analysis of high-throughput genomic data, specifically in the context of bulk RNA-seq analyses. This workshop focuses on differential analysis; data collection, experimental design, read mapping, and count computation will NOT be covered deeply. Participants will learn how to:
- Work with genomic region data in Bioconductor.
- Normalize and perform quality-control analysis on bulk RNA-seq data.
- Conduct and interpret a differential expression analysis with DESeq2 and other Bioconductor packages.
- Define and acquire data for gene sets and pathways.
- Perform permutation-based gene set enrichment analysis.
This workshop assumes basic familiarity with genomics and with R programming.