- This event has passed.
CCB Seminar: Interactive, web-based visualization of high-resolution multiplexed bioimaging data
January 30 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Title: CCB Seminar Series
Speaker: Trevor Manz, PhD Candidate & NSF Research Fellow, DBMI HMS
Topic: Interactive, web-based visualization of high-resolution multiplexed bioimaging data
Abstract: Although the rapid innovation of biological imaging brings significant scientific value, the proliferation of technologies without unification of interoperable standards has created challenges that limit the analysis and sharing of results. In this talk, I will discuss our work on 1.) community-driven design and adoption of open-standard next-generation file formats and 2.) the open-source Viv bioimaging visualization library which supports OME-TIFF and OME-NGFF directly in the web browser. Viv addresses a critical limitation of most web-based bioimaging viewers by removing a dependency on server-side rendering, offering a flexible toolkit for browsing multi-terabyte datasets on both mobile and desktop devices—without software installation.
– Manz et. al 2022, Nature Methods Viv: multiscale visualization of high-resolution multiplexed bioimaging data on the web
– Moore, …, Manz, et. al 2022, Nature Methods OME-NGFF: a next-generation file format for expanding bioimaging data-access strategies
– Avivator A lightweight viewer built with Viv for local and remote OME-TIFF and OME-NGFF datasets
– Vizarr A minimal, Viv-based viewer OME-NGFF and other Zarr datasets
– OME-Blog integrates Vizarr viewer in OME-NGFF and OME-NGFF HCS announcements
When: Monday, Jan 30th 10:00 – 11:00 AM Eastern Time (United States and Canada)