- This event has passed.
Introduction to data analysis with R and Bioconductor
April 3 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
This is a 4 session workshop with sessions on:
- Monday April 3 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM EST
- Tuesday, April 4 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM EST
- Monday April 10 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM EST
- Tuesday, April 11 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM EST
Data Carpentry develops and teaches workshops on the fundamental data skills needed to conduct omics data analysis. Its target audience is experimental researchers who have little to no prior computational experience. This is a four session workshop whose focus is on getting participants up and running with analyzing high-throughput biological data using R and Bioconductor. We will start with learning how to organize spreadsheet data and avoid common errors in moving from spreadsheets to code. Participants will learn how to:
- Organize their spreadsheet/tabular data for best use in data analyses.
- Avoid and correct common spreadsheet errors for data analysis.
- Create basic R scripts and functions.
- Load and manipulate data in R.
- Analyze and visualize data using the Tidyverse package suite, including ggplot2.